ACC 291 Week 2 Assignment Financial Reporting Problem, Apple Inc
This Tutorial was purchased 31 times & rated A by student like you.
This Tutorial contains following Attachments
- ACC 291 Nn Week 2 Assignment Financial Reporting Problem, Apple Inc.xlsx
- ACC 291 Nn Week 2 Assignment Financial Reporting Problem, Apple Inc.docx
Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to help you understand the basics of financial statement analysis related to the assets section of the balance sheet, data interpretation, and how financial information is obtained to understand how a company accounts for its long-lived assets.
Resources: Financial Accounting: Tools for Business Decision Making
Note: The financial statements of Apple, Inc. are presented in Appendix A of Financial Accounting. Instructions for accessing and using the company's complete annual report, including the notes to the financial statements, are also provided in Appendix A.
Complete a 1,050-word summary of findings and recommendations from the following questions:
· What were the total cost and book value of property, plant, and equipment at September 27, 2014?
· Using the notes to find financial statements, what method or methods of depreciation are used by Apple for financial reporting purposes?
· What was the amount of depreciation and amortization expense for each of the three years 2012-2014? (Hint: Use the statement of cash flows).
· Using the statement of cash flows, what are the amounts of property, plant, and equipment purchased in 2014 and 2013?
· Using the notes to the financial statements, explain in the summary how Apple accounted for its intangible assets in 2014.
Use the Week 2 Excel® spreadsheet to show your work and submit with your summary.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Write a reviewOrder Id
Order Id will be kept Confidential
Rating: A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below:
Purpose of Assignment The purpose of this assignment is to help you understand the balance sheet presentation for the liabilities of a company. Assignment Steps Resources: Financial Accounting: Tools for Business Decision Making Prepare the liabilities ..
This Tutorial contains Papers+ Excel Sheet Purpose of Assignment The purpose of this assignment is to help you understand the basics of financial statement analysis using financial ratios on the assets section of the balance sheet, data interpretation, and how ratios are used to gai..
ACC 291 Week 2 Textbook Exercise BE 8-8, E8-4, E8-14, E9-4 Chapter 8: BE8-8 Determine maturity dates and compute interest and rates on notes. E8-4 The ledger of Macarty Company at the end of the current year shows Accounts Receivable $78,000, Credit Sales $810,000, and Sales Ret..
1. The term “receivables” refers to cash to be paid to debtors. merchandise to be collected from individuals or companies. cash to be paid to creditors. amounts due from individuals or companies. 2. Three accounting issues associated with accounts receivable are ..
BE 1-2, BE 10-3, BE 10-4, BE 10-5, BE 10-14 BRIEF EXERCISES Prepare entries for an interest‐bearing note payable. BE10-2 Hive Company borrows $90,000 on July 1 from the bank by signing a $90,000, 7%, 1‐year note payable. Prepare the journal entries to record (a) the proceed..
Journalize issuance of common stock and preferred stock and purchase of treasury stock. E11-2 Sagan Co. had these transactions during the current period. June 12 Issued 80,000 shares of $1 par value common stock for cash of $300,000. July 11 Issued 3,000 shares of $100 par value pr..
Prepare the operating activities section—indirect method. E12-3 Sosa Company reported net income of $190,000 for 2017. Sosa also reported depreciation expense of $35,000 and a loss of $5,000 on the disposal of plant assets. The comparative balance sheets show an increase in accounts receivabl..